Archive for category German
Four Panzers ready for Kursk. Panther by Rubicon. PZ IV by Warlord.
I followed a tuturial to learn how to apply the camo scheme.
- Spray base color of Bronze Yellow (Liquitex)
- Two coats of Middlestone (Flames of War)
- Wash of Dark Sepia
- Reflective Green (Vallejo) and Ruddy Brown (Reaper) mixed with Terrain Khaki (Reaper) used for Cammo
- Top coat of Middlestone/Terrain Khaki
- Wallnut Brown (Reaper) with Oily Steel (Vallejo) used for the tracks
- Rust effects created with Wallnut base followed by Rust (Vallejo) and Orange Rust (Vallejo)
Same PzKpfw IV from a few days ago, this time with a muddy under carriage.
Vallejo Pigments (Rust and Oil) applied with a mix of Matt Medium, White Glue and water. Applying the pigments was an interesting experience. First I coated the area to make muddy with the medium mix, then applied Burnt Umber from the pot. After letting it dry for 30 minutes, I applied spots of Dark Yellow Ochre. The amount of fluid on the brush is important. A wet brush makes for a smooth smear not unlike paint. A dry brush applies the pigments with the the grain intact.
Panzer 4 with cammo pattern.