Posts Tagged Punic Wars
Unit of Victrix Iberian Warriors. Shield transfers by Little Big Men.
Tried two paint plans for the tunic.
- Ghoul Skin by Reaper produced a green/grey with good coverage
- Foundry linen triad. Spotty coverage with poor layers. End result is a sickly yellow color. Had better luck just using the green shade color.
A pair of Foundry Elephants for Hannibal’s army.
Base is a rather small 50mm square. I may build out a larger tray that I can drop this smaller base into for games where a bigger base would work better.
Elephant: Espresso primer (dark, dark brown) worked up with Dusky skin (Reaper) (which is actually grey)
Howda: Bastion grey, desert stone, desert stone + yellowed bone
Blanket: Terracotta (Foundry), gory red, rach red
Troops: White armor with red tunics. Tried Reapers Grey Liner as a line filler, worked as a black ink.
Mahout: Started skin with dark brown, worked up with Ruddy Brown (R)
Unit of Gripping Beast Scutarii primed black (by a previous owner….)
- P3 Hammerfall Khaki
- P3 Traitor Green
- Vallejo Khaki
- Reaper Stained Olive (brighten as needed)
- Vallejo German Red Brown
- Reaper Gory Red
- (R) Rach Red
- P3 Hammerfall Khaki + Red accepts
- (R) Stained Olive + (R) Ruddy Brown w/ (R) Saddle Brown highlights
- (R) Suntan Flesh + Army Painter Soft Tone
- (V) Chainmail
- (R) Tarnished Brass
- (SW) Armor Wash
- (R) Ruddy Brown w/ P3 Gun Corps Brown highlights + (SW) Dark Sepia
- (V) Leather Brown
- (R) Witchcraft Purple