Summer project to create a Soviet army for Bolt Action is mostly done – at least the infantry segment of the army. Figures are a mix of Warlord Plastics and Black Tree Design metals.
Paint plan for WW2 Soviet Soldiers
- Base coat with Krylon brown spray.
- Body – US Field Drab (V). Mix with Heavy Goldbrown (V) for a yellow shade. Mix with Brown Violet for a green shade.
- Legs – Terran Khaki (R)
- Straps – Flat Earth (V)
- Gun Barrels – black under coat, Oily Steel (V) with black ink wash
- Gun Stocks – Umber Brown (V) wash
- Skin – Medium Flesh (V) with Gyphonne Sepia (GW) wash
- Boots – Muddy Brown (R) with black wash, or Walnut Brown(R) with Leather Brown (V)
- Great Coat (slung) – Terran Khaki (R)
- Great Coat worn – Heavy Brown (V)
- Helmets, Metal Equipment – Brown Violet (V)