From the Warp asks: if it’s a money saver, let’s hear about it
Financial Budget: keep a record of all hobby spending. Its not so hard to do – keep a spreadsheet with all your hobby cash in and cash out.
- Set a yearly budget
- Keep a running total and wait to be surprised by your expenses after six months or so
- For those of us with families its easier justify large purchases (new armies, air brush, convention trip) if the hobby expenses are under control
Time Budget: gamers are notorious for starting (and not finishing) too many projects. Stop wasting money on products which never make it to the gaming table. Only buy figures and supplies that will actually get used.
- limit yourself to 2-3 projects at a time
- set a due date for each project – if you have no plan to finish, will you ever finish?
- clean out the back stock – paint 2, buy 1