Adepticon is almost here & the castle is nearly finished. For this project, I’ve spent a lot of time painting with a sponge. Its a great little tool which completely eliminates any brush marks. With the highly textured surface of the Hirst blocks, the sponge quickly applies paint to the surface & leaves shading in the crevices unmarked. Wet blending is a snap – the sponge easily blends from color to color.
All that is left is a bit of static grass on the bases and creeper lines on the walls with flock.
- tan house paint base
- Dark Brown with hints of Light Red Oxide & Hunter Green (Folk Art)
- 80/20 brown/black wash with water, future wax and white glue mix
- Desert Sand top coat (Americana)
- medium grey house paint base
- Medium Gray (folk Art) & Dolphin Gray (Apple Barrel) undercoat
- 80/20 black/brown wash with water, future wax and white glue mix
- Medium Gray top coat
- medium brown house paint base
- English Mustard (Folk Art) 1st dry brush
- Desert Sand top brush